Zeitgeist

The 口 of the まんこ

27 April 2007

Diem Terminus

POSTED BY: JAKE
PUBLISHED ON CHICAGO’S MAG MILE


Well, today is the final day at the PR agency and to that I say, with mixed emotion, “halleluiah.” It has been a long time coming to finally transition out of this temp lifestyle into something with [hopefully] a bit more merit, and it really could not have come a day too soon.

JBev has been in town, which is great as always. She is a complete gem – such a unique individual. It was a bit of a surprise visit [well, last-minute at least] and she has really moved up the brow ladder [in every sense, but particularly in her lodging choices]. I have yet to visit her current digs on the Mag Mile, but it has been widely heralded as superior to the Millennium Knickerbocker [how can anything trump harem pillows? I don’t know either.] Tonight promises to be an evening of birthday celebrations, packing, and socializing very potentially capped off by a sordid gastronomic affair at the weekly Smut & Eggs event at the Twisted Spoke.

Ritz Cracker has made the decision to move to the 212 [or more realistically the 917]. He has just accepted a job as a waiter at a Thai restaurant in Park Slope and will relocate on 15th May. I’m really excited for him to live in New York and hope to share in his experience vicariously – alas, it is not my time to be there, but I think I will be there some day.

In other news, this weekend is the last one in the V and I feel extremely sad about this. I am going to miss the dynamic of the V which can NEVER be replaced by anything in this universe – although a close facsimile could be rendered in DFo’s Phoenix Lounge if Whoa B, in otter pelt raiment, were tickling the plastic on a synthesizer covered in wax from a dripping candelabra, playing to the slow beat of a dub-step metronome, MaoXie in the corner burning with her palladium claw-covers every soundbite onto a hot, soft, pliable record. Then, and only then, would something metaphysically reminiscent of the V exist for a fleeting moment.

Speaking of Bigsies, we are in a bit of crunch here to find board for xer through the cutover period. If anyone has any suggestions, offerings of abode for our dear, sweet baby Moonpie, do not hesitate to contact us.

Well, I think that is the full update for the minute; big up to Kavita for living life to the fullest for the past quarter century. Will post further deets as they avail themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home