Interconnectivity Everywhere
PUBLISHED BY: DOUZUI, PROXY MEMBER OF THE TECHNORATI
CHICAGO, A GLOBAL ORACLE OF DATA AND TELECOM EXCHANGES
Working in Corporate America affords one the opportunity to overhear conversations about the current weather conditions at any major node of commerce around the planet. At any given time, I can probably tell you what it’s like in New York, L.A., Miami, Atlanta, London, Singapore, Hong Kong, or Tokyo.
In this age of cheap, globalized telecom and data communication, you can walk down the halls of any office and hear conference calls being made in just about every other room. Invariably, as people are “dialing in,” conversation betwixt the early-comers centers around the weather in their respective locales.
Things I have heard since I’ve been working in Corp Am:
A: It’s friggin hot out here, like 75 and sunny, but so humid.
B. God, Bill. You always say that. We get it. You’re in L.A., it’s nice. We’re in Chicago, it’s disgusting. Enough already. Ugh.
---
Boss: Jake, I need Zurich on the plasma on 43 right now. And ask Paul in the UK to dial in on his mobile if he cannot access the video conference room.
Me to Paul on His Mobile: Hi, Paul are you able to access the video conference room on James St. [in London’s CBD]?
Paul: Hell, no. I’m on the Eurostar in Calais. I’ll have to do a remote video conference from my phone. It’s 3G GSM, it should be fine. Just do what needs to be done to connect me.
Me to Zurich IT Guy: Hector, I’m going to need to open a video conference between Corp Chi and Corp Zurich. Paul White will be dialing in on his mobile; he wants to use the video conferencing feature through his phone.
Zurich IT Guy: Are you kidding me? I’m not the point person on this. You need to contact Wang in Singapore, she takes care of all the remote dial-ins.
Me to Wang: Hi, this is Jake in Chicago, I need to do a remote video dial-in for an employee in the UK who is on his mobile in France at the moment.
Wang: Sure, just connect him through WE-Connect on your PC
Me to Wang: I don’t know how to do that.
Wang: Give me your IP and I’ll do it for you.
Me to Wang: 12.109.62.339
Wang from Singapore takes over my computer in Chicago to dial Paul from the UK who is in France to a conference call taking place in Switzerland.
The number “666” is marked on my forehead and the Apocalypse transpires.
Zeitgeist
The 口 of the まんこ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home