An Uplifting Experience
Working in a global gateway of commerce and ideas naturally lends itself to sharing elevators with professionals of all stripes. Regularly over the past 16 months or so I have spent some portion of the quotidian, perfunctory motions of my day traveling in an elevator with lawyers, business executives, investment bankers, and now oncologists. I am working in an office that is unaffiliated but shares a building with Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s Oncology Department and the majority of those with whom I share the elevator are either physicians or nurses. They are categorically the most patient, quiet, and mannerly of elevator-riders and I look forward to spending time with them every morning.
On another note, the Dow has dropped again making March 2007 the single most volatile month for North American financial markets since September 11th. It appears as though international airfare bottoms out in a turbulent market and this is very good for those of us who plan to go to Buenos. It also weakens the dollar, which is not good. But the Argentine Peso (nee Austral) is unofficially pegged to the dollar at around 2.90-3.10, and purchasing parity power is markedly low at the moment so I think we are going to be ok.
The gameplan at the minute is to dip out of work at 5:30, jump on the Red Line back to the V, festoon myself in summer recreational garments, cycle to Hollywood Beach with Douzui, throw the Frisbee whilst waiting for carriers to respond to today’s Dow plunge with after-hours fare slashes, buy our tickets on Elizabeth’s Blackberry while lying in the sand, head over to the bar, and celebrate the weather/ridiculously cheap tickets we have virtually absconded with. Yes.
Oh, and I bet you MaoXie is passed out on the floor in response to today's stock exchange upset. [see article below]
Zeitgeist
The 口 of the まんこ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home