Zeitgeist

The 口 of the まんこ

08 March 2007

Solace for the grieving, Japan-style wisdom-gleaning, et al

PUBLISHED BY: JACOB HOLLINGSWORTH
CHICAGO – 8TH MARCH 2007

This week has been all about taking on the consoler role in my various and sundry relationships. Solace for loss; solace for hardship in the workplace; solace for homesickness; the consoler role is not one at which I excel and it is always a struggle for me to know how to meet people’s needs in a time of crisis.

I continue to be impressed by the communicative pedigree of those with whom I work. Can you say “communicative pedigree”? Sounds like a disease that makes you a purebred. At any rate, the folks here are really personable, and I actually am learning a lot every day, despite the fact that I am not really tasked on anything. Learning less in what I do and say and more in what I see and hear. It is the way I like it. Something about it is very Japanese to me. This notion of sitting under the tutelage of a senior and quietly, humbly gleaning wisdom from the sidelines as they play a stellar game. Mixed metaphor and not even appropriate for the situation, but I think you may understand what I am trying to relay.

OK, a quick look at searches I have conducted in the past 24 hours on my computer:

corner bakery
duh duh duh duh duh
nutritional information “pumpkin muffin”
amc
andy baldwin
argentina
ari fleischer communications
around-the-world ticket
bmi calculator
cartoon heart
chuo line schedule
clip art
dale richards “aborigine”
daniel radcliffe
easycruise “st. maarten"
gmap pedometer
heart
“higher education ranking index” “jiao tao university shanghai”
jim breen Japanese dictionary
kaufmann bagel & delicatessen
lago argentina
nutrition information “artichoke”
nutrition information “fried chicken” “drum sick”
nutrition information “mayonnaise”
nutrition information “pickle”
nutrition information “vinegar”
peace corps
price trends airfare
ruben blades
squatter copenhagen
sunset calendar “chicago"
sunset calendar “patagonia"
tom skilling forecast
transit chicago

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home