Zeitgeist

The 口 of the まんこ

28 March 2007

Big Day at Work

POSTED BY: THE CRED-DEFISH TEMP FACE

PUBLISHED ON CHICAGO'S MAGNIFICENT MILE

Well, folks, it has been a very eventful day at work. I spent most of the morning with Heather (fellow 5 Star temp) engaging in hard/heavy/deep sleuth work. About what, ask you? Here are the deets…

When I first came on board at here at the PR/Ad Agency, I heard through the gv that one of the people I support was the Bachelorette on ABC. I had not thought too much about it [except for a brief mention in the Zeitgeist earlier in the game], until this morning. Heather and I, through some networking, web browsing, Google Imaging, myspacing, and other sundry media and resources found out that the person of interest is one Jenn Schefft of Mentor, OH.

Amazing. She’s written a book, won the Bachelor, starred in the Bachelorette, and now works alongside me. Really a lot of credence being lent in my direction, which is great – I could use all of it I can get.

Back-tracking, last night after work I went with Douzui to the Roosevelt Conservatory for a little classical music concert. I took the subway too far downtown and decided to walk the difference back to the university, nipping on in to KFC for a Mega Feast Box to sate the hunger that burned deep in my vacuous belly. Of course being the poor time manager that I am, I made it back to Roosevelt with moments to spare and a box of half-eaten Colonel Nuggets everywhere in the bottom of my bag. Really high brow, I know.

So there I am, next to Douzui in our $100 orchestra seats on the second row with a sack of nuggets wafting from under me, a stick of gum shoved in my mouth, and arms splayed across the chairs tapping off-rhythm as I leisurely take in the performance. Shockingly, this offended the sensibilities of those sitting behind me and I was asked to kindly desist my distracting behavior. Needless to say, I elected to return home at the intermission.

On my way home I was verbally accosted by a young African-American female, I was asked to stop eating my chicken on the subway by an older Latino man, and I was cat-called by an Asian kid. Such a target, but I cannot imagine why in the world that would be the case!

So, after a triple (nay, quadruple) blow to the ego, I am on the rebound, armed with freshly lent Bachelorette cred and some serious downtime in the workplace; no complaints in the world right now.

Oh and by the way, some newly procured items:

- The Best Club Anthems 2006 Double Disc Collector’s Edition (for the clubber inside me)
- Cibo Matto: Pom Pom The Best Of… (for the Jap inside me)
- Mika: Life in Cartoon Motion (for the child inside me)
- 6 H&M garments (for the sartorialist I wish were inside me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home